Friday, May 26, 2006

NETHERLANDS - BEATRIX

So this is the last day of the Beatrixes! Well, for the time being anyway. Wrote the introduction to my collection today and have put the lady to rest in my bookcase. But before we bid her adieu I promised you some artwork.











These are scans from the magazine "Filatelie", from an article published to coincide with an exhibition in the Dutch postal museum (The Hague) on 25 years of Beatrix portraits. They are various designs made to choose from at the start of the Beatrix definitives, way back in 1981.




I've always been quite fond of the Marte Röling design, but I can now see that the chosen design stands the test of time and I'm no longer sure whether the Röling design would have lasted this long!




Anyway, that's me done on Beatrix. I'm not sure yet what I'll be taking on next, could well be another Dutch definitive. Just wait and see and find out!

Take care
Adrian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»