Sunday, May 28, 2006

SWITZERLAND - LANDSCHAFTSBILDER


Have just updated my 5c pages with the two types of the recess-printed stamp. And I don't mean the two types of paper because that is really quite easy. No, these are actually two varieties, consisting of an interrupted line above the group of housing (just to the top left of the darker shaded bit) in "type 1" and an uninterrupted line in "type 2". See image.

As I said, both are classified as varieties in the Zumstein catalogue, but only type 2 has a premium. But if type 2 had been a damaged cylinder, then type 1 would not have been classified as a variety. So both varieties must have existed independently, which would perhaps point to two different cylinders being used? I don't have any information at all regarding cylinder numbers for this set so if anybody knows anything at all about this, please let me know!

Take care
Adrian

2 comments:

cddstamps said...

Adrian.. your writings are so interesting.. many thanks..

Michael

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»