Friday, November 02, 2007

LUCKY
Sometimes it's ideal to collect a not so popular area, country or theme. Stuff usually gets sold at a normal or low price and many items are sold unchecked. That's how I struck lucky when I bought this 1943 set from Curaçao with the Prisoners of War overprint at Scotex the other day.

I bought it as the basic set of four stamps, because I did not have it yet. But when I studied them this morning I found that two of the four stamps had constant varieties on them! The 40c + 50c on 1.40g has a different lettertype for the capitals V and K.

The 50c + 75c on 5g has the constant variety Krljgsgevangenen.

I won't be able to retire on them but they do come at a premium, so lucky me!

:-)
Adrian

2 comments:

nnnnnn said...

Adrian, well done on the buy.. and anywaym such lovely stamps..

pretty neat aircraft to :-)

not many of them flying these days!!

thanks for showing such intersting stamps

Michael

nnnnnn said...

Adrian, well done on the buy.. and anywaym such lovely stamps..

pretty neat aircraft to :-)

not many of them flying these days!!

thanks for showing such intersting stamps

Michael