Monday, June 23, 2008

BEAUJARD
Thank you, Sébastien, for the link to that great website of French stamps. As you can see when you click on the link, on show are the stamps designed and/or engraved by Yves Beaujard, designer of the latest Marianne stamp. I had a look in my French collection and found that I have only of his stamps, Liberty lighting up the world.

What I like about this stamp (and his Peace stamp which I showed yesterday) is the use of blank space in the design. A very uncluttered feel to the design. But she does look a bit stern, doesn't she? Maybe the thing is with Beaujard that he's not very good with women. For have a look at this stamp of Pierre Bayle, the French philosopher and writer:

Isn't it an absolute dream, this stamp?! Again we see the use of space and look at the soft features of the man. Absolutely my favourite of his, and I'm very sorry I haven't got it in my collection.

:-)
Adrian

No comments: