Bare minimum
I never thought it would happen but I think I'm slowly but surely reaching saturation point as far as my collecting habits is concerned. Or in plain English: there are so many things I'd like to collect in a mega-specialized way, that I can't be bothered doing anything anymore. So maybe it's time to take a step back and go back to the basics and the fun of actual stamp collecting! Not worrying about specializing too much, not worrying about having enough interesting material to show at meetings, etcetera, just go back to collecting stamps! Beautiful stamps! Get sets complete before you embark on anything beyond that. Return to country collecting. Forget about covers (not that I did so much in that field), forget about postal stationery, just collect lots of beautiful stamps! Never mind the displays, never mind the wonderful collection you've dreamt of, just do what's within your budget and enjoy the beauty of stamps!
:-)
Adrian
...and keep taking the pills of course!

Comments

keijo said…
It sounds like your ready for summer vacation, LOL.

BTW. Is the last item a stationery clip out? At least I don't recollect such imperf french stamp.
Adrian said…
Ha ha, yes, I suppose you're right!
:-)
No, the last stamp is actually a French Colonies stamp, issued in1877. These were all imperf.
Lia Vieveen said…
I think you're so right. Let's enjoy what we have and bother less about what we wants (more, more, more). It's a interesting lesson!
Vlogger92 said…
Hi I'm 18 an I only started collecting stamps two years ago. Because I only started collecting quite recently I have a few of which I know nearly nothing at all so could someone tell me something about them please.

Thank you
Adrian said…
Hi Vlogger92, I know the place for you: www.stampboards.com. There you can find an answer to any question you have with regard to stamps, no matter how basic or simple or silly! And if you can't find the answer, you may as well join and ask the questions yourself! Good luck!
Vlogger92 said…
Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it. :D
Prashant said…
Hello ,
No post since a long time, hope everything is fine ,hope to see more of your posts..
Regards
Prashant
http://stampinformation.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
Arjan, what is going on? Did you quit this blog? No updates for more than 3 months now.
Adrian said…
Nothing going on, don't worry. Just a bit of summer blues I suppose! I'll be back but need to get kickstarted again!