Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Spanish mood
Yes, I've been in a Spanish mood lately. That may have something to do with the fact that we're vaguely planning to go there somewhere next year! But don't worry, we've done that before and nothing came of it then, so don't hold your breath.
But it does mean that I've been looking at the Spain catalogue a bit more often lately, and that is how I remembered that Spain has these wonderful long running series of stamps, mainly in the 1960s. Three of them really stand out as far as I'm concerned, and I'll be showing these over the next couple of days.
First up is the Spanish Castles series. An absolutely wonderful series of stamps, issued annually, from 1966 onwards. I believe the series ran until 1972. A total of six sets were issued in that time, and they all consist of absolutely stunning recess-printed stamps. Makes you want to go out there and have a look for yourself. (Probably only to realize that romantic illustrations never live up to real life modernday tourism.)
Here are a few for you to enjoy. I'm afraid none of my catalogues mention any engravers so if any of you has information on this, I'd be happy to hear from you!
:-)
Adrian

1 comment:

Far de la Banya said...

A classical serie in the sanish filatelly: the spanish casteles... good post !